Thursday, March 23, 2006

Dry Reading

I have a tendency to get too verbose in my postings. I am passionate about Duluth and feel an obligation to do whatever I can to effect change. I will continue to post to this blog but going back over my posts, it is clear, my writing appeals only to me and has no impact relative to a call to action or providing relevant, current information. I have no traffic counters but I suspect if I did, it would click off a visit about three times a month and a few more in-between as I log in to update and check for comments. Is this a worthwhile endeavor? Well, only to me as it relates to pealing back the onion of my brain to occasionally review what I was thinking at any given time.

What to do? Well, it seems it is time to begin posting more relevant, current, appealing and certainly less lengthy posts. In this day and age, nobody has the time to read through an opinion piece of 2000 words, especially when that opinion is about nothing more than Duluth. After-all, there are 86,000 residents in Duluth and we are all struggling for survival, save Marti Buscaglia and all her limosine liberal friends as well as a few over-paid, wacko college professors.

I am going to start taking on less than local issues and do a little more digging, provide better linking, etc. to make this space more useful to the handful of people who accidentally stray to it on occasion. If you have read this page, you will see I have also eliminated the ads placed between the articles as they were distracting and mostly junk. Have a great day and to the few of you who have actually read, thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hack,

Don't get discouraged. Most never post, I normally don't.